7.8.2011

Berlin & Heinävaara

Couple of weeks only travelling, alot. The beginning of July was pretty intensive in the sense of training, so little off time was needed. We went to Germany, Berlin for a friends wedding and some wind power business. Before the fly back I managed to go for a quick set in Kegel. The only climbing in 10 days!! Flashed some competition boulders, perhaps 6a-6b, which is my standard at the moment. Here are some pics from Kegel.



We drove more or less straight to Joensuu to continue well started holidays. Had to make a visit to Heinis, which still is my home crag. Very many good memories, that's where I started rock climbing.
This time I went there with Sami Koponen, who was on fire like totally, redpointing sevens in a row. This was impressive to witness. The weather was hot, I mean really hot, as the crag is facing west. Perhaps it was the heat or German diet (wurst + pilsner) or both that made me feel really insecure in leading. The thing in climbing is that it is 1/3 physical, 1/3 mental and the rest is just balls.


During my history, before climbing took the major role in my hobbyes, I used to go fly fishing. On the way back to Turku we checked couple of nice rivers. This one is called Kerman kosket. A reknown trout place. Water is crystal. Good place to spend time and relax, after all, the catch isn't the most important, because you are the one that is hooked. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti